2020-21 WHMS Bus Pass Lottery (Closed)
Access to sign up for the lottery closed on June 1, 2020. We will reach out to all families with their awarded routes once schools have finalized their schedules.
Welcome to the Ross Valley Yellow Bus pass lottery! From May 11 through June 1, 2020, parents and guardians of White Hill Middle School students will be able to enter their students into the lottery pool by submitting an online signup sheet. This sheet will allow you to list up to three routes in order of preference for each student in your family.
For more information, choose from the following:
Lottery Terms and Conditions:
- Submit only one form per family for the lottery. If multiple forms for the same student are completed, Marin Transit will select the results of the first entry.
- Upon submission, each family will receive one randomized 2-letter code to signify their assigned placement on the pre-published priority list.
- Routes will be assigned based on a family’s placement on the priority list and on the availability of the preferred routes provided by the family on the lottery signup sheet.
- Siblings will be placed on the same route unless otherwise noted on the lottery signup sheet.
- Once awarded, families will be given 7 days to complete their purchase. Passes that remain unpurchased will be made available to the next person on the priority list.
- Passes cannot be given to another family and must be purchased for the student listed on the lottery signup sheet. All unauthorized purchases will be refunded minus a 5% processing fee.
How do I enter my student in the lottery?
Previous pass holders will be notified by Marin Transit and a link will be provided when the lottery begins. Each participating school will also assist by forwarding Marin Transit communications to parents of current and prospective pass holders.
Do I need to complete a separate lottery signup sheet for each child in my family?
No, only one submission per family. Each lottery signup sheet will include space for up to 4 students. If multiple sheets have been submitted, Marin Transit will select the results of the first sheet only.
When can my family be entered in the lottery?
The lottery signup sheet will be available from May 11th, 2020, through June 1st, 2020. Due to the current health pandemic, yellow bus ridership may be significantly reduced to accommodate social distancing guidelines. Marin Transit will be working with the county and school district to ascertain potential impact and schedule changes. After schedules have been finalized, you will receive an email with a link to purchase your awarded route. You will be given 7 days to complete your purchase. Unpurchased passes will be made available for purchase to the next person on the priority list.
When will I be notified of the results of the lottery?
Families will be notified by email of their placement on their awarded routes once school schedules are finalized.
When can I purchase my pass?
Due to the current health pandemic, yellow bus ridership may be significantly reduced to accommodate social distancing guidelines. Marin Transit will be working with the county and school district to ascertain potential impact and schedule changes. Passes will be made available for purchase when schedules are finalized. After schedules have been finalized, you will receive an email with a link to purchase your awarded route. You will be given 7 days to complete your purchase. Unpurchased passes will be made available for purchase to the next person on the priority list.
What if I do not like my awarded route?
You are under no obligation to purchase a pass that is awarded to you. Please be aware that you will be given the opportunity to select up to 3 routes for each student in the order of your preference. If your first preferred route is not available, you will be awarded the next preferred route, and so on. You will automatically be placed on a waitlist for the routes entered on the lottery signup sheet. If a space becomes available for a preferred route and you are next on the waitlist, Marin Transit staff will contact you with further instructions.
If I change my mind, can I give my awarded pass to another family?
No. Passes are reserved for 7 days to the family and student entered in the lottery signup sheet. Any unauthorized purchases will be immediately refunded minus a 5% processing fee.
How do I learn more about bus stops, schedules, or pass price?